|Nancy Kostel-Donlon Stroke Coordinators Scholarship
Call for Applications
Deadline April 29, 2016
Nancy Kostel-Donlon, a stroke coordinator from St. Francis Hospital in Roslyn, NY, suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm and passed away on September 17, 2010. Nancy was a committed nurse, educator and mentor for the past 30 years. The Nancy Kostel-Donlon Stroke Coordinator Scholarship was created in 2011 to honor the memory of Nancy Kostel-Donlon by recognizing the Stroke Coordinator who best exemplifies her commitment to quality improvement, patient education, and mentorship.
The Criteria for the Nancy Kostel-Donlon Stroke Coordinator Scholarship include:
- Must serve as your hospital Stroke Coordinator (title may vary)
- It is unlikely that your hospital will be able to financially support your attendance
- New to the Stroke Coordinator Role (less than 2 years) OR
- In the Stroke Coordinator Role for more than 2 years and actively mentor others
In addition to completing the online application, all applicants must submit a letter of recommendation from a peer or supervisor to complete your application. Letters can be sent via email to Mia.Freedenfeld@heart.org or fax to 203-303-3346.
Please click on the following link to complete the application form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/P5WBHLL
The Scholarship Recipient will receive the following:
- Waived registration fee to attend the 2016 Summit – October 20-21, 2016
- Travel Expenses Reimbursed
- Hotel Accommodations at the Newport Marriott
Find out More About This Scholarship and Previous Recipients!
The deadline to submit an application is Friday, April 29, 2016.
All applicants will be notified by May 20, 2016.
To assist you in preparing your application click here for a pdf of the questions asked.
*Please note you must complete the online form to be included in the applications.